Sunday, November 13, 2011

"When I was young and free and my imagination had no limits I dreamed of changing the world.As I grew older and wiser I discovered the world would not change, so I shortened my sights somewhat and decided to change only my country. But it, too, seemed immovable.
As I entered my twilight years, in one last desperate attempt, I sought to change only my family, those closest to me, but alas! they would have none of it.
And now as I lie on my deathbed and realize (perhaps for the first time) that if only I’d changed myself first, then by example I may have influenced my family and with their encouragement and support may have bettered my country, and who knows, I may have changed the world."
—Inscribed on the tomb of an Anglican Bishop (1100 A.D) in the crypt at Westminster Abbey in London

Dear Lord, as Winter is upon us here, I tend to dwell within, both at home and within myself.  It IS all in how you look at it.  Thank you, God for all of your many blessings.  Somehow I've gotten lost and tried so hard and so often to control the world around me.  How silly!  Instead I'd like to be quietly open to the flow of what is good and kind and true- to take joy in the small and ordinary in each and every day.   May the Lord guide me.  Amen

Thoughts for a Sunday in Early Winter...

4 comments:

  1. Hello Melody
    Thanks for following my blog (Time for Tea) still to be updated!
    And now I've found you and your blog pleased to *meet* you ;-).
    I like what I read...a very powerful quote and that's so lovely to share your prayer...you said what was in my heart...
    Welcome to the world of blogging.
    I look forward to reading/sharing more
    Have a blessed weekend
    LOVE PEACE enJOY!
    Julie
    x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I have been away from my blog so missed your comment. Thank-you so much. I'm doing well and am ready to blog. What an introspective Winter, but good and transformative and for us here in Alaska; here comes Spring! I finally feel like I am moving forward. :) Thanks for your very lovely comment. I love your blog and read it regularly. Happy Spring!

      Delete
  2. Hello Melody
    i don't know how I find myself back on your blog this morning...but here I am. Almost 1 year later ...hmm how strange. I've just seen the above comment.
    Looks like we have both been doing some moving. I hope that you are settled in your new home and all is going well for your family.
    I am right with you about HOME it's not the building, it's family, and what's in your heart that makes a home, as I wrote on my last post in Swedish House
    'It's LOVE that makes a house a home'
    Happy Days
    LOVE PEACE enJOY your new HOME
    Julie
    x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank-you. It is almost a year later. We are finally settled in our new home. I am ready to blog again. :)

      Delete